Afrin Side Effects
If you are relying on nasal sprays to deal with a cold or seasonal allergies, you are probably curious about Afrin side effects. Many people turn to medications like Afrin when spring pollen begins causing allergy symptoms. Luckily, this is a medication that does not have many side effects, and the most common ones are not severe. If you are using this nasal spray, be on the look out for these Afrin side effects:
- Increased nasal discharge. This is a fancy way of saying that your nose will produce more mucus. Since Afrin is a medication taken for nasal congestion, it is not too surprising that it can cause your nose to run.
- Stinging. Although this can be an unpleasant Afrin side effect, it should go away before too long. If it persists, talk to your doctor about other options.
- Sneezing. It's no secret that putting things into your nose can make you sneeze. If this Afrin side effect is persistent or becomes too annoying, discontinue use of the medication.
- Temporary burning. Some people who use the medication will experience this Afrin side effect. While it can be unpleasant, the burning sensation is usually short-lived.
- Severe dizziness. This is a rare Afrin side effect. If you become dizzy after using Afrin, you should stop using it immediately and call your doctor.
- Increased or decreased heart rate. Again, this Afrin side effect is very rare, but serious. Stop using the medication and talk to your doctor if this happens.
- Severe allergic reactions that include swelling lips, difficulty breathing and hives. This is a rare but serious side effect. If you experience this Afrin side effect, contact emergency medical services immediately and stop using the medication.