If you are looking for a unique alternative to the traditional pizza recipe, you may wish to try an Alfredo sauce pizza recipe. By replacing the standard tomato sauce on your pizza with Alfredo sauce, you can provide a smooth and creamy taste. Similarly, making Alfredo pizza sets up a flavorful base to add a variety of toppings like chicken, shrimp and spinach.
- package active dry yeast
- cup warm water
- tablespoon sugar
- teaspoon salt
- two tablespoons cooking oil
- three cups and four tablespoons flour
- four tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- teaspoon garlic powder
- cup milk
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- two cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pizza toppings
- Dissolve the active dry yeast in the warm water in a small bowl. Let sit for five minutes or until frothy.
- Combine the sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and oil in a separate bowl. Add the yeast mixture to the oil mixture and mix well.
- Gradually stir in the three cups flour and mix until a soft dough forms. Cover loosely and allow to sit for about an hour or until doubled in size. While the dough is rising, prepare the Alfredo sauce.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, garlic powder and remaining four tablespoons flour.
- Stir in the milk and Romano cheese. Simmer until the mixture thickens, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool briefly.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Gather your desired pizza toppings, chopping the ingredients into bite-sized pieces.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. Stretch the dough into a circle, making the edges a bit thicker than the center. Place the dough on a pizza stone or pizza pan.
- Spread the Alfredo sauce over the pizza dough. Leave 1/2-inch uncovered around the edges.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the sauce. Top the cheese with your desired toppings.
- Bake for approximately ten minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese is melted. Allow the Alfredo sauce pizza to cool briefly, then slice and serve.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.
What Makes Men Attractive To Women
Made Man interviewed University of Texas professor of clinical psychology Dr. Cindy M. Meston, author of Why Women Have Sex, to find out what really attracts women to men. Turns ou ...