Craving some Alfredo and need an Alfredo sauce recipe with milk? If you’ve got a hankering for Alfredo, but don’t have any heavy cream on hand, don’t worry. Keep reading for a delicious Alfredo sauce recipe you can make with milk.
To make Alfredo sauce with milk, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of milk (whole milk or 2 percent work best)
- 1-1/2 tbsp. of butter
- 1-1/2 tbsp. of all-purpose white flour
- 3 tbsp. of grated or ground Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly ground nutmeg (optional)
- Fresh pasta
- 1 medium size saucepan
- 1 wire whisk
- Melt the butter. In a medium sized saucepan over medium-low heat, melt your butter. Don’t substitute margarine or oil in this recipe. Butter will taste the best and give your Alfredo the best consistency.
- Whisk in flour. Slowly whisk the flour into the butter. The butter and flour mixture will form a thick paste, or roux, that will thicken the Alfredo sauce without cream.
- Slowly add milk. Whisking constantly, gradually add your milk a little at a time. Whisk well until there are no lumps in the Alfredo sauce. Continue cooking and whisking the Alfredo for three to four minutes until the sauce is hot. The longer you cook the roux and milk, the thicker your Alfredo sauce will be.
- Add cheese. Slowly add the Parmesan cheese and whisk thoroughly until the cheese is fully incorporated into the Alfredo sauce. Add the garlic, salt and pepper and continue cooking for about two minutes.
- Serve and enjoy. Take the milk-based Alfredo sauce off the heat and pour it over your favorite pasta. Serve the Alfredo sauced pasta immediately, sprinkled with a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg and Parmesan cheese.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.