Alfredo Sauce Recipe Olive Garden
Now you can make your favorite Olive Garden alfredo sauce using the original recipe from the Olive Garden. Cheesy Olive Garden alfredo sauce is made from two beloved creamy Italian cheeses, Parmesan and Romano, which is melted into a light cream sauce. Alfredo sauce is versatile enough to be used over pasta, vegetables, fish, or chicken.
To make Olive Garden alfredo sauce, you will need:
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Romano cheese
- 6 eggs yolks
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare the ingredients for Olive Garden alfredo sauce. Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Grate the Parmesan cheese and the Romano cheese and set aside.
- Heat the milk. Place the milk and cream in a medium saucepan and slowly heat to a simmer over a low heat. Add the grated Parmesan and Romano cheese to the milk and cream mixture. Blend with a whisk and remove from the heat.
- Add egg yolks to a separate bowl. Lightly beat the egg yolks. Slowly add a small amount (about ½ cup) of the hot milk and cheese mixture to the egg yolks and mix with a whisk. Pour this mixture into the milk and cheese mixture in the sauce pan, heat over a low flame to a simmer, and stir constantly until thoroughly blended. Remove from the heat to let the sauce thicken.
- Season Olive Garden alfredo sauce to taste. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir. Serve immediately over cooked pasta.
Tips and Warnings:
- The most effective way to separate eggs for Olive Garden's alfredo sauce is to carefully crack the egg shell into two halves. Hold the egg over a bowl and roll the yolk back and forth between the shell halves as the egg whites fall away. Place the yolk in a separate bowl.
- Use care when heating the milk and cream to avoid scorching which will change the flavor of the sauce.