These Alicia Keys quotes add detail to her evolution as an inspirational Grammy Award-winning musician. Before she became "Alicia Keys", Alicia Augello Cook was playing the piano by the age of seven and was only sixteen when she graduated from the esteemed Professional Performance Arts School in New York City. Inside the mind of this extraordinary talent is a wealth of experience to learn from, and the proof of her value is in these Alicia Keys quotes.
- "A lot of times I watch TV and I watch film and there's so many things I'd love to talk about that I feel don't get the opportunity to be shown. Sometimes things become very stereotypical and one-sided, and I feel like it's such a colorful world." Stereotypes are ugly, outdated, and limiting. They form no true basis to adequately understand an individual—only to quickly box them into a category that they may not belong in. Alicia Keys offers this quote as a way of spreading her love for diversity, that will hopefully become contagious.
- "If I didn't love it, I would not record it." If every recording artist uttered this confident quote from Alicia Keys, then they might find more music lovers paying for their music. Her level of quality control is mandatory, because if a singer could care less about their own songs, why should their audience care? Love fuels passion, and passion translates into memorable music.
- "If I want to be alone, some place I can write, I can read, I can pray, I can cry, I can do whatever I want – I go to the bathroom." This quote from Alicia Keys proves that the bathroom is not only for ridding yourself of waste, but gaining clarity. Finding the time and place for privacy is difficult, but she has found a clever solution. The bathroom also has equipment that could allow her to multi-task.
- "When I was younger, studying classical music, I really had to put in the time. Three hours a day is not even nice – you have to put in six." Anyone that questions whether or not Alicia Keys has earned her success needs to read this quote. The sultry serenades of Alicia Keys are not the random result of overnight success. By virtue of her developing a strong work ethic and dedication to her craft at such a young age, Alicia Keys has entered the world of music well prepared.
- "Simplicity makes me happy." With all the access to an extravagant lifestyle that most celebrities have, why would this Alicia Key's quote celebrate the simple life? Having all the fame that Alicia Keys has acquired could be very intrusive to her private life and personal space. Finding a moment to avoid the complexity of having her life examined through the peering eyes of the media and everyday people must feel priceless.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …