As the pollen counts climb, many allergy sufferers are starting to search for a cure, and finding out about Allegra side effects is an important step. Allegra is an antihistamine that you take daily to control the symptoms of nasal allergies. It is available both other the counter and by prescription. Luckily, it is a medication that does not cause many side effects, and the most common side effects are usually not serious. If you take this medication, a list of the possible Allegra side effects incudes:
- Headache. This is one of the more common Allegra side effects. Most people do not find it severe or bothersome enough to quit taking Allegra. Check with your doctor if you experience this side effect.
- Menstrual cramps. Some women who take Allegra find that they experience more or more severe cramps at that time of the month. Again, if you are experiencing this side effect, check with your doctor to see if she recommends a different allergy medication instead.
- Nausea, diarrhea and/or upset stomach. Like many other medications, Allegra, occasionally, can cause an upset stomach or other digestive troubles. If you experience this side effect, talk to your doctor to find out if there is a way to make these symptoms go away.
- Drowsiness. Although Allegra is far less likely to make you drowsy than other over the counter antihistamines, drowsiness is still one of the side effects that users sometimes experience. If Allegra makes you drowsy, make sure that you avoid driving or using any kind of heavy machinery when you take this allergy medication.
- Muscle or back pain. Feeling achy after taking Allegra? You could be experiencing Allegra side effects.
- Hives, difficulty breathing and other symptoms of an allergic reaction. This last Allegra side effect is extremely serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, stop taking the medication immediately and seek emergency medical help.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …