As the pollen counts climb, many allergy sufferers are starting to search for a cure, and finding out about Allegra side effects is an important step. Allegra is an antihistamine that you take daily to control the symptoms of nasal allergies. It is available both other the counter and by prescription. Luckily, it is a medication that does not cause many side effects, and the most common side effects are usually not serious. If you take this medication, a list of the possible Allegra side effects incudes:
- Headache. This is one of the more common Allegra side effects. Most people do not find it severe or bothersome enough to quit taking Allegra. Check with your doctor if you experience this side effect.
- Menstrual cramps. Some women who take Allegra find that they experience more or more severe cramps at that time of the month. Again, if you are experiencing this side effect, check with your doctor to see if she recommends a different allergy medication instead.
- Nausea, diarrhea and/or upset stomach. Like many other medications, Allegra, occasionally, can cause an upset stomach or other digestive troubles. If you experience this side effect, talk to your doctor to find out if there is a way to make these symptoms go away.
- Drowsiness. Although Allegra is far less likely to make you drowsy than other over the counter antihistamines, drowsiness is still one of the side effects that users sometimes experience. If Allegra makes you drowsy, make sure that you avoid driving or using any kind of heavy machinery when you take this allergy medication.
- Muscle or back pain. Feeling achy after taking Allegra? You could be experiencing Allegra side effects.
- Hives, difficulty breathing and other symptoms of an allergic reaction. This last Allegra side effect is extremely serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, stop taking the medication immediately and seek emergency medical help.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …