With every season comes allergies and the 10 best allergy remedies may be what's in your house right now. Many Americans become ill due to an allergy – an abnormal response to a foreign agent. Reactions of allergies shows itself in different ways, such as running nose, sneezing, itching, breathing problems, and a serious form called anaphylaxis.
The item you will need:
- Neti pot
- Peppermint oil
- Tree tea oil
- Fruits and vegetables
- Neti pot. Pour one-forth teaspoon of non-iodized salt into warm water. Stir until the salt has dissolved. Tilt your head to the side and have the neti pot inside your nose. Breathe out your mouth and pour the salt water inside one of your nostril. Let gravity take its course. When finished with both nostrils remove any excess water by breathing out.
- Spices. Eating various spices, such as chili pepper, cayenne and wasabi help to thin out the mucus in your nose and help you to breathe. Apply these spices to your favorite food or use the spices as a dip.
- Water. Drink enough water during the day to reduce the effects of your allergies. Water helps to clean out your system of excess mucus.
- Peppermint oil. Apply four to five drops into a pot of boiling water. Place a long towel that goes over your head and over the pot. Begin to inhale the peppermint oil for ten minutes or less if you can't withstand the steam.
- Tree tea oil. This remedy is great for eliminating any form of allergies. Place four to five drops in a pot full of bowling water. Have a towel that can go over your head and the pot. Inhale the steam for ten minutes.
- Lime. Squeeze half a lime in a glass full of warm water and use a teaspoon of honey, stir and drink. Lime works to remove toxins that cause allergies.
- Vitamin C. Fruits and vegetables that contain vitamin C, such as berries, spinach, and broccoli among others will help reduce nasal secretions. These natural remedies will help your allergy.
- Licorice. Licorice root has numerous of health benefits and has been known to reduce the effects of allergies. Swallow this herb in a form of a pill to provide relief of allergic symptoms.
- Tea. Those who suffer from allergies will turn to a hot cup of tea to provide relief of built up mucous in the nose. Peppermint tea is the best chose to provide relief. Pour an appropriate amount of water inside a cup. Pour the contents in a pot and boil the water until it's hot enough. Place a tea bag inside a cup and fill the cup with the boiling water. Stir the cup of peppermint tea with a spoon. Let the water cool down and sweeten if you desire.
- Ice. Wrap some ice cubes in a t-shirt or a washcloth and apply it to your sinuses. Within a couple of minutes the ice will provide relief.