Alpina is a premier maker of skiing equipment, and these 5 best Alpina Discovery backcountry skis will show exactly why they have such a long history in the business. They have been making skiing equipment–especially Nordic skiing equipment–since before many of today's skiers have been on skis. They appeal to both novices and experienced skiers with their product range.
- Alpina Control NIS Cross Country Touring Ski. These backcountry skis from Alpina give a lightweight, stable base to skiers who are looking to spend long hours on the trail. Another benefit is that these backcountry ski requires hardly any maintenance due to their non-wax Ultra Grip base.
- Alpina X Terrain Ski. The Alpina X Terrain Ski is designed to float in powder thanks to a few features. Its full steel edges, Alpine-like sidecut, and broad shovel tail mean that you will also go into turns like a telemark ski. Truly, fine backcountry skis.
- Alpina Tracker Ski. The epitome of a cross-country ski, the Tracker is meant to take you wherever you want to ski, whether the wide open backcountry or the freshly groomed track. A stick-less skiing experience is also guaranteed thanks to these backcountry skis' non-wax Posi-grip base.
- Alpina Discovery Touring Ski. These backcountry skis are meant to take you to off-trail tours thanks to their wider width and shorter length. This ski is especially durable because it has a Scuff-Tuff top skin that resists sharp edges.
- Alpina Backcountry Woody Ski. The Woody ski has a nice touch: It has a retro look and features top-notch materials for a superior ski grade all over the place. These backcountry skis are also useful for touring.