Alpina Discovery Backcountry Skis: 5 Best
Alpina is a premier maker of skiing equipment, and these 5 best Alpina Discovery backcountry skis will show exactly why they have such a long history in the business. They have been making skiing equipment--especially Nordic skiing equipment--since before many of today's skiers have been on skis. They appeal to both novices and experienced skiers with their product range.
- Alpina Control NIS Cross Country Touring Ski. These backcountry skis from Alpina give a lightweight, stable base to skiers who are looking to spend long hours on the trail. Another benefit is that these backcountry ski requires hardly any maintenance due to their non-wax Ultra Grip base.
- Alpina X Terrain Ski. The Alpina X Terrain Ski is designed to float in powder thanks to a few features. Its full steel edges, Alpine-like sidecut, and broad shovel tail mean that you will also go into turns like a telemark ski. Truly, fine backcountry skis.
- Alpina Tracker Ski. The epitome of a cross-country ski, the Tracker is meant to take you wherever you want to ski, whether the wide open backcountry or the freshly groomed track. A stick-less skiing experience is also guaranteed thanks to these backcountry skis' non-wax Posi-grip base.
- Alpina Discovery Touring Ski. These backcountry skis are meant to take you to off-trail tours thanks to their wider width and shorter length. This ski is especially durable because it has a Scuff-Tuff top skin that resists sharp edges.
- Alpina Backcountry Woody Ski. The Woody ski has a nice touch: It has a retro look and features top-notch materials for a superior ski grade all over the place. These backcountry skis are also useful for touring.