Alternative medicine experts in Asia often inquire about alternative medicine schools in Pakistan. These schools specialize in teaching alternative medicinal treatments that are less expensive and equally effective. There are three systems of alternative medication in Pakistan. These are called Unani, Ayurvedic and Homeopathic systems of medicine. Most alternative medicine schools in Pakistan teach Unani medicine. The reason is that Unani medicine practices Islamic “Tibb,” or treatment. The Ministry of Health takes care of graduates qualifying from these alternative medicine schools in Pakistan.
- Hamdard University, Pakistan. Founded in 1953 by Hakeem Muhammad Saeed, this institute excels in teaching quality Unani medicine. This school is highly respected in Pakistan due to the services rendered by its founder. An alternative medicine school and Unani medication production unit is also set up by this group under the same name. This school is based in Karachi.
- Matab-e-Hameed, Dawakhana Hakeem Abdul Hameed. Trainers in Unani medicine as well as medicine producers of Pakistan, this institute is owned by Hakeem Ahmad Siddique Jan and is a well-known institute of herbal therapy teaching. There is no authorized degree but the graduates are called "Hakeem," or Healer. It's a known alternative medicine school in Pakistan and is located in Gujranwala, Pakistan.
The second most famous system of treatment in Pakistan is Homeopathy. Homeopathic treatment is officially recognized in Pakistan. There are around 140 homeopathic colleges that come under the category of alternative medicine schools in Pakistan. Some of the best homeopathic medicine schools are:
- Al-Mumtaz Homeopathic Medical College. Dr. Sher Daraaz Khan is the principal of this institute of alternative medicine. This is believed to be the only one of its kind in the backward area of the north. They impart homeopathic studies and a means of educating the local populace. It is based in Bannu.
- Abbottabad Homeopathic Medical College. Dr. Abrar Ahmad Qureshi is the principal of this leading institute. Abbottabad is considered a beautiful hilly area of Pakistan. It is known for producing Pakistan's finest students. This institute is well-known and appreciated by the locals.
- Abbott Homeopathic Medical College. Mrs. Shafqat Altaf is the presiding lady of the college and a known name in homeopathic treatment. The presence of two schools in almost the same locality gives an estimate of how popular homeopathic treatment is in this area.
The ayurvedic system of treatment comes from Sanskrit. This is a combination of two words: “Ayur” and “Veda,” meaning life and knowledge, respectively. The Pakistan Online School of Alternative Medicine is an online ayurvedic institute in Pakistan. Ayurvedic medicine is a rather new healing science in Pakistan. Much research is being done to prove its worth. The Pakistan Online School of Alternative Medicine and Healing Center is a the only one of its kind teaching of ayurveda.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.