Hundreds of thousands of students make trips to tropical destinations with their friends during spring break, but here are some alternative spring break ideas for people who want to have fun without being in an overpopulated tropical spring break location. Enjoy these alternative spring destinations outside of Mexico and tropical Caribbean islands, but still have a wonderful, unique spring break vacation!
- Volunteer. Volunteering with a local or not-so-local organization is a great way to spend your spring break doing something that makes you feel good and helps others. Consider working with kids, homeless people, or an environmental organization as an alternative spring break idea.
- Take a road trip with friends. Instead of staying in one city for spring break, consider this awesome, alternative spring break idea. A road trip is a great way to have an adventure with friends while on break from school.
- Go home over break. If you go to school far away from home, consider going back home over spring break and catching up with your family and friends from your hometown. This alternative spring break idea will surely work out great, since you'll be able to catch up with friends you don't see very often and with your family, too!
- Go camping. Enjoy a weekend or week in the woods with friends. Going camping and hiking is a great way to relax and get in tune with nature, and it will also give your mind a rest from the stresses of school. Going camping with friends is one of the best alternative spring break ideas for adventurous groups of friends!
- Take a staycation. Staycations — vacations where you stay in the city or town you live in — are becoming increasingly popular. This alternative spring break idea will give you the opportunity to explore the activities and locations in your hometown that you usually don't have time for while you're busy with school.
- Go on a party cruise. Party cruises are also becoming a very popular alternative spring break idea for people who want to party in the tropical climate without being on a beach all week. Enjoy a party cruise with friends as a unique spring break vacation!
- Take precautions if you're drinking over spring break. Make sure you don't drink too much and have a designated driver.
- Bring all of the essentials you will need if travelling far from home.
- Don't leave your friends with someone you just met.
- Stay protected from the sun.
- Make sure you have enough money in case of any unplanned expenses.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.