Start making food that is healthy and tasty with these America’s Test Kitchen recipes. With the holidays long behind us and summer looking just around the corner, we are all trying to drop a few extra pounds so we can bring sexy back. The first step to getting that beach body back is watching what you eat. So put the fast food down, get back in the kitchen and use these America’s Test Kitchen recipes to put together dishes that are healthy and delicious.
Thai-Style Chicken with Basil
Get the mouth watering goodness with the massive take out bill with this American Test Kitchen recipe.
- Basil leaves
- Garlic cloves
- Green or red Thai chili
- Fish sauce
- Oyster sauce
- White vinegar
- Chicken breast
- Vegetable oil
- Process 1 cup of basil, 1 cup of garlic and 1 cup of Thai chili in a food processor until it is finely chopped. Put 1 tbs of the basil mixture into a bowl and stir in 1 tbs of fish sauce, 1 tbs oyster sauce and 1 tbs of sugar into a bowl and set aside. Transfer the rest of the mixture into a non-stick skillet.
- Pulse chicken in the food processor with 1 tbs of fish sauce until the chicken is cut into bite sized pieces. Put chicken in a bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Stir 3 shallots and 2 tbs of vegetable oil into the the skillet. Add 3 garlic cloves and stir over low heat until the shallots and garlic are golden brown. Add chicken and stir at medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately. Using remaining chili and basil leaves as garnish.
Pan Seared Scallops
If you’re looking for quick and easy dish that tastes like you’ve spent hours in the kitchen give this American Test Kitchen a try.
- Dry sea scallops
- vegetable oil
- Put the scallops on a baking sheet lined with a clean paper towel. Press the scallops against the paper towel to push out the extra moisture. Allow the scallops to sit for 10 minutes. Sprinkle scallops with with salt and pepper in both sides. Heat 1 tbs of vegetable oil in a non-stick skillet and cook the scallops on both sides until the scallops are well browned.
- Add 1 tbs of butter to the skillet and baste the scallops with the melted butter. Cooking the scallops until they are firm and opaque on the sides. Serve immediately with a side of lemon wedges over veggies.
Pan-Seared Chicken Breasts
If you’re looking for something light and delicious that goes great with rice and veggies this America’s test Kitchen recipe is what the doctor ordered.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Unsalted butter
- Flour Cornstarch
- Black pepper
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower middle position and heat to 275 degrees. Use a fork to poke small holes in the chicken breasts and sprinkle with ½ tbs of salt and pepper. Put the chicken in a baked pan,cover with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Use the paper towels to blot the excess moisture from the chicken. Whisk 2 tbs of butter, 1 tbs of flour and 1 tbs of cornstarch into a small bowl and lightly brush the chicken with the mixture. Heat 1 tbs of vegetable oil in a skillet and cook until the chicken is brown on one side. Once one side has browned brush the other side with the butter mixture and cook until the outside is brown and chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …