Antivirus Software: 5 Best
The 5 best antivirus software available all strive to protect your computer from those nasty and evil viruses that are constantly around on the internet. Without said antivirus software, your computer is so vulnerable that you in fact might as well just forfeit effective use of it. This antivirus software list will guide you on which software will keep your computer free of nasty viruses the best.
- BitDefender Antivirus 2010. Antivirus software ought to be as straightforward as this offering from publisher Softwin. Ease of use together with a low price--versus other, comparable antiviruses on the market—make the BitDefender the top dog on the antivirus list. It will satisfy the tech-minded computer users, but it will take up your computer's resources somewhat to run it.
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 features more security options than most other similar products on the market. The appeal of Kaspersky is that it will please both experts and beginners alike as its tools and onscreen interface are sophisticated, but straightforward enough to use. The software comes in a three-user license.
- Webroot AntiVirus with SpySweeper 2010. This antivirus software features the trademarked scanning of SpySweeper along with antivirus protection from Sophos. It covers all the essentials of a good, antivirus software and has extras, too, like remote file storage.
- Norton AntiVirus 2010. Probably the best known among all the antivirus software here, Norton's antivirus 2010 only comes at number four because of its inability to uninstall completely and its refusal to be compatible with other software. However, it still is better than most other antiviruses out there.
- ESET Nod32 Antivirus 2010. This antivirus software comes with something called heuristic detection and advanced diagnostic tools. Its interface is effective, but it fails to cover antiphishing as well as instant messaging protection. Still, a decent buy.