Appetite Suppressant Foods
If you are tired of popping diet pills or starving but you want to lose weight, you should check the following list of appetite suppressant foods. Your appetite is your body's ability to feel hungry so that you will desire food. A suppressant is a substance that acts to restrain something, in the case of eating that will be your hunger. Here is a list of foods that you should eat to help suppress your appetite.
- Eat, plenty of "good" fats. Good fats, or monounsaturated fats will trick your stomach into thinking it is full, which will help you eat less. Top a salad with avocados and olives, also use olive oil as your dressing. Snack on carrots and cream cheese, sunflower kernels, sesame seeds, almonds or macadamia nuts in between meals. Use olive oil mayonnaise on your sandwiches, all of these foods are a great source of "good" fats.
- Eat a diet of moderate protein. Eating some protein along with every meal will slow your body's absorption of the carbohydrates that you eat. Start your morning with a protein shake to help suppress your appetite all day. Some good sources of food based proteins are, seafood, lean red meat, chicken and eggs.
- Add some fiber to your diet. Vegetables are high in fiber and will make you feel full, which will suppress your appetite, they are also fat free. Be sure to eat a fibrous vegetable at each meal such as, a spinach radicchio, lettuce or romaine salad and top them with carrot or pepper slices. Also eat cauliflower, broccoli, and celery.
- Add spices to you foods an salads. Spices, and spicy foods will suppress your appetite by encourage you to eat less and drink more water. Add hot peppers to salads or vegetables, hot sauce to eggs, chicken, or whatever you like. When you eat out, go for Asian food with spices like, ginger, wasabi, and garlic chili sauce. Jalapeno peppers are great also.
- Enjoy an apple each day. Take an apple with you when you leave home for a quick appetite suppressing fix when you need it. Whole apples are high in fiber and will hold you until you get to your next appetite suppressing meal. Pineapples and grapefruits are great also.
Tip: Avoid eating large amounts of fruit if you are on a diet as they contain natural sugars and the calories will add up, one serving a day will do.