Apple Picking In New York
If you're looking for a great way to getaway for the weekend, considering going apple picking in New York. Apple picking is a great way to enjoy the outdoors with someone you love and get an amazing bunch of fresh fruit while doing so. Going apple picking in New York is one of the most inexpensive day trips you can go on since many of the farms listed are no more than an hour and a half away from the metropolitan area. Moreover, it's definitely much cheaper to go apple picking in New York than, say, a weekend in Atlantic City, so be kind to your stomach and your wallet with the following suggestions!
- Apple Ridge Orchards. If you're looking to go apple picking in New York with the entire family, this is the place for you. Not only does this location have a wide variety of apples, but you can also pick peaches, raspberries and pumpkins, depending on the season. It also features a petting zoo and bouncy castle for the kids, meaning that you can let them have fun while you and your partner enjoy some romantic moments amongst the fields. Apple Ridge Orchards: 101 Jessup Rd. Warwick, NY 10990
- Minard Farms. If it's the season for apples, you definitely want to come here. The apples are firm and fresh, and the farmers sure know how to make use of their product. Their official farm store includes jams, jellies, apple cider, gift boxes, homemade soaps, local honey, maple syrup and so much more. If you're looking for great, locally produced foods, be sure to stop by this great apple picking location in New York! Minard Farms: 59 Hurds Rd. Clintondale, NY 12515
- Applewood Orchard. Known more for their wine, this is also one of the best places to go apple picking in New York. You can find everything from McIntosh to Cortland and Golden Delicious to Rome Beauty, depending on the season. Of course, you'll also getting access to this farm's great winery with an almost limitless supply of different wine varities. If you're a bit of a lush, this is the place for you to plan your next trip! Applewood Orchard: 82 Four Corners Rd. Warwick, NY 10990
- Dr. Davies Farm. This is a simpler operation than the others on this list, but still one of the better places to go apple picking in New York. They have seasonla apples and pumpkins, as well as many stands at associated farmer's markets. Adding to this charm, they also have a plethora of apple-related recipes on their website, giving you more of an incentive to use what you just picked throughout the day! Dr. Davies Farm: 306 Route 304, Congers, NY 10920
- Lawrence Farms Orchards. This is one fo the most diverse locations on this list for the sheer amount of produce they have. Among other things, they have fresh apples, grapes, plums, pears, cabbages, beets, spinach, tomatoes, pumpkins and broccoli. More than just a place to go apple picking in New York, this is one of the best farms to go if you want to stock your fridge full of only the finest homegrown vegetables! Lawrence Farms Orchard: 39 Colandrea Rd. Newburgh, NY 12550