Apple Pie Recipes With Fresh Apples
Just went apple picking and need some apple pie recipes with fresh apples? Nothing is more comforting then the smell and taste of a freshly baked apple pie. Keep reading to learn several variations of apple pie recipes made with fresh apples.
Granny’s favorite Granny Smith pie
To make a delicious apple pie with fresh granny smith apples, you’ll need:
- 6 to 8 fresh Granny Smith apples (6 cups of slices)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. cold butter cut into small cubes
- 2 pre-made refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 (9-inch) pie pan
- Measuring cups
- 1 large mixing bowl and spoon
- 1 small paring knife
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Prepare the apples. To make Granny’s favorite apple pie recipe, you’ll need to peel and core six to eight fresh Granny Smith apples. Cut the apples into slices about a quarter of an inch thick. You’ll need six cups of slices in total.
- Preheat the oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Once you set the oven’s temperature, do not open the oven again until you place the apple pie inside. It’s important that the oven is a consistent temperature for the pie to bake evenly.
- Make the filling. In your large mixing bowl, toss the sliced apples with lemon juice, brown and white sugar, flour and spices. Mix the filling together, taking care not to crush any of the apples. Each piece of apple should be coated in the sugar and spice mixture.
- Make the crust. Carefully unroll the refrigerated pie crust and place one crust into the bottom of your pie pan. Make sure there are no tears or holes in the crust and pour in your apple filling. Sprinkle your butter cubes on top of the filling and seal the pie with the top crust. Gently pinch your two crusts together to keep all of the apple juices inside.
- Bake and enjoy. Cut a slit in the top of the apple pie to vent steam. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. The crust should be brown and the fresh apple filling will be bubbly and juicy. Remove the apple pie from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting. Serve warm with a big scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream.
Fresh Apple Crumble Pie
To make an apple crumble pie with fresh apple, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 frozen (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- 5 cups of apples, peeled, cored and cut into slices
- 1/2 cup sugar (white or brown)
- 2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground all spice
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp. cold butter cut into small cubes
- 1 medium size mixing bowl
- 1 spoon and 1 fork
- Fresh whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat and prepare. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. While your oven is preheating, arrange your apple slices in the bottom of your unbaked pie shell
- Spice the apples. Mix together 1/2 cup of sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the top of your fresh apples in the pie crust. Don’t worry about covering the apples perfectly. All of the flavors of the apples and spices will blend together evenly as the pie bakes.
- Make the topping. Mix together 1/3 cup of white sugar with the flour and butter cubes. Cut together the butter, flour and sugar until the mixture is crumbly. Spoon the topping over the apples, covering them completely.
- Bake and enjoy. Bake your apple pie for 40 minutes until the fresh apples are soft and the topping is golden brown. Let the apple pie cool slightly before cutting. Serve with a big dollop of fresh whipped cream.