Apply For Kmart Jobs
If you are thinking about a career in retail and want to know how to apply for Kmart jobs follow this step-by-step guide. A career in retail can expose you to the fundamentals of business, including marketing, organizational and leadership skills. It also provides you the opportunity to develop additional talents that are distinctively important in the retail sector.
In addition to knowing how to apply for Kmart jobs, you will need:
- Internet access
- Your prior employment and personal information
- Proof of age and eligibility to work.
- A resume
- Start Online. Kmart accepts resumes online for all positions within their company. To apply for Kmart jobs visit the “search jobs” page on the Kmart website to begin your career search. Select “Careers.” Since Kmart purchased Sears in 2004, you will be redirected to a "Sears" site. Once again, select "Careers" and now you are ready to apply for Kmart jobs.
- Select the Appropriate of Level Employment. If you are looking for an hourly store, distribution center, or repair technician job you should select “Entry-level & Hourly Jobs.” If you are an experienced professional interested in a salaried position with the company, you should select “Professional & Salaried Jobs.” Students or recent graduates who want to apply for Kmart jobs should select “College Programs.” This is also the appropriate path for students seeking an internship. Kmart even has special programs for military personnel and reserve unit members.
- Research the Areas of Opportunity. You can apply for Kmart jobs in any of the following areas: Corporate positions, Store-level positions, Pharmacy, Military Programs, Supply Chain & Logistics, Business Opportunities, Home Services, College Programs, and eCommerce.
- Once you select a specific job opportunity, you will see: where it is located, a requisition ID code, and other pertinent information. Use your resume and your prior employment and personal information to complete the online application and apply for Kmart jobs you are interested in.
- The company operates over 3,400 stores in all 50 states, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands so if you do not see something in your area, consider relocating. Now that you know how to apply to Kmart jobs you can do so in any market.
- Be sure of your interest in any specific position as most employees will spend 12-18 months in a particular position before becoming eligible for promotion or transfer.
- Make sure to follow up on your application once you have submitted it.