Aricept Side Effects
Aricept side effects are uncommon and only occur in a small number of people who take the medication. The majority of people who take this medication do not have any side effects and for the small number of people who do, they are usually minor and easily treated. The most common use of Aricept is to treat the symptoms of Alzheimer's, but it is also used to help with memory problems after a brain injury and some kinds of dementia.
- Nausea Nausea is one of the most common Aricept side effects, but it is usually minor. There is no reason to call your doctor unless it does not go away or becomes more severe. There is also the possibility of a loss of appetite when taking Aricept.
- Dizziness If you feel minor dizziness when taking Aricept, you should not be concerned. As with any other side effects though, if it persists or gets worse, you should give your doctor a call.
- Allergic reaction An allergic reaction to Aricept is one of the more serious side effects. This could include a rash, hives, having a hard time breathing or tightness in the chest. This kind of side effect should prompt a call to the doctor.
- Bloody stool Another more serious side effect, bloody stool is possible, but not likely. There is also the possibility of pain when you urinate. Both of these side effects should be checked by the doctor.
- Severe heartburn If you experience heartburn when you are taking Aricept, you should not ignore it. Call the doctor to be checked out since it is one of the more serious side effects.