Arsenic poisoning symptoms are usually the occurrence of exposure to large amounts of arsenic from industrial workplaces, environmental, or malicious poisoning. Arsenic is element number 33. It is classified as a heavy metal and occurs naturally in the environment. It is an important element in metalwork, mining, glass production, and production of semiconductors. Arsenic is also a well-known poison. There is actually evidence of it being used as a poison as far back as the 15th century. Unfortunately, arsenic poisoning symptoms can seem like many other illnesses, making it difficult to diagnose.
- Vital signs. Arsenic poisoning symptoms start with a disruption of the body’s vital signs. You will start to have a fast heart rate followed by low blood pressure from exposure to a toxic amount of arsenic. Shock is even one of the possible arsenic poisoning symptoms. Shock is caused when your organs are not getting the oxygen and blood flow that they need.
- Central nervous system. Arsenic poisoning can cause you to become delirious. Delirium is a condition where you become extremely confused and may not know who you are or where you are. Coma and seizures are also severe arsenic poisoning symptoms.
- Halitosis. Halitosis is the medical term for bad breath. Arsenic poisoning can cause your breath and bodily fluids to smell like garlic. Sometimes this can be a telltale sign of arsenic poisoning.
- Gastrointestinal symptoms. In the latter arsenic poisoning symptoms, you may experience symptoms similar to cholera. Vomiting and diarrhea are very common in this stage of symptoms. Your vomit may be bloody, as well as the diarrhea. Dehydration and shock are common from prolonged exposure to arsenic.
- Cardiac. Cardiac arrhythmias are very common late stage arsenic poisoning symptoms. At this stage in symptoms, your body is failing. Ventricular fibrillation is very common. Ventricular fibrillation occurs when the heart’s lower chambers, ventricles, start to flutter instead of beat. The blood is then unable to pump thoroughly throughout your body.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.