Who would've imagined that Aspartame poisoning symptoms would ever be a topic of discussion? Do you know what Aspartame is? Think artificial sweetener. Yes, Aspartame is the real or scientific name for all of those artificial sweeteners on the market. It's been used widespread as a sugar substitute since the early 1980's. With any new drug or food substitute on the market, controversey will follow. Aspartame has been linked to some serious health issues. Now,as the battle about the safety of Aspartame use wages on, it's only right that the everyday consumer know about the possible side effects and symptoms of using Aspartame. Here are the symptoms that are linked to Aspartame poisoning.
- Eyes. Apparently Aspartame has been linked to some issues with eye functionality. Pain and decreased vision have been reported as Aspartame poisoning symptoms. In some cases, people have declaired full blindness was caused by extended Aspartame use. Other symptoms pertaining to the eye are reduction in tear production and swelling eyes.
- Ears. The ears have been effected by the development of an annoying ringing sensation. Notable impairment associated with overall hearing ability has also been said to be a symptom of Aspartame poisoning. People have also claimed to be extremely sensitive to noise in general.
- Neurologic and psychological issues. Aspartame is linked to a number of more serious issues as well. They range from neurological and psychological impairments such as dizzyness, confusion, and irritability, to extremely severe bouts of depression, anger, epileptic seizures, limb numbing, facial pain, slurred speech, even the development of phobias.
- The Chameleon. Aspartame poisoning is arguably one of the more controversial sicknesses people deal with simply because, on one side, officials think that people are linking any and all ailments to the sugar substitute. On the other side,some doctors and victims claim that the synthetic sweetner has the ability to mimick other sicknesses. They argue that the use of Aspartame actually causes and or mimicks Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Epstein-Barr, Post-Polio Syndrome, Lyme Disease, Grave’s Disease, Meniere’s Disease, Alzheimer’s Disease, ALS, Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), EMS, Hypothyroidism, Mercury sensitivity from Amalgam fillings, Fibromyalgia, Lupus, non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). They even go on to argue that the toxins in Aspartame can cause permanent brain damage and birth defects in unborn children. What a wonder drug.
- The truth. No average, everyday person knows if Aspartame is causing this laundry list of sicknesses. Companies won't tell you the truth one way or another simply because artificial sweeteners are big business. So, be careful, and use the stuff in moderation.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.