Here are the 5 best Audi sports cars. Audi is passionate about their sports cars. This German manufacture, currently owned by Volkswagen Group, resurfaced around 1965 and has been wowing the automotive world ever since. Looking at the top five Audi sports cars is a quick trip down memory lane. Although, Audi is at the forefront in many way with the modern street legal (and some what affordable) sports car it hasn’t been until recently that they have caught on in popularity in the United States. Of course, it took Hollywood success (Transporter series and Iron Man to name two) and smart marketing to bring Audi into the mainstream.
The top five Audi sports cars are:
- Audi Quattro makes the list based on its historic significance by its introduction of All-Wheel Drive (AWD) to the sports car community. Back in the day, its 2.2-liter 20 valve Dual Overhead Cam (DOHC) was something special. Boasting a 0-60 in 6.2 seconds a top speed of 144 Miles per hour (MPH), the Audi Quattro paved the way for future generations.
- Audi S5 Coupe is a sweet machine with sexy lines and a 4.2-liter engine, sporting 354 Horse Power (HP). This puppy can motor from 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. Its wide wheel base makes handling a dream and the separate suspension packages ensures a smooth and even ride. This ride is a definite eye catcher with its sleek profile and premium package in tow.
- Audi TTS Roadster is a 2.0-liter turbocharged beast. With DOHC, direct fuel injection and supercharged turbo to back up this lightweight machine, speed and agility come naturally. A beautiful piece of machinery that is sure to turn heads and raise the envy of the neighbors.
- Audi S4 Coupe offers a step up from the rest of the cars in its class. This 3.0-liter six speed boast a 333 HP and a limited speed of 155 MPH. Classic curves on a muscle car that can peel the tar off the autobahn makes for a special and fun ride. This handsome and finely crafted vehicle is a sure hit for any sports car enthusiast.
- Audi R8 5.2 is simply heaven on wheels. This sexy brute is a powerhouse on the road and a dream in your garage. Smashing the speedometer with a 5.2-liter six speed that screams at 525 HP and rockets 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. This kitten doesn’t slow down until the electrical governor eases it back at 196 MPH. There isn’t many cars as sexy, let alone sexier then this, smooth, sexy ride.