Forget Winston Churchill, Audrey Hepburn quotes rank just as high as far as influential figures in the twentieth century. Hepburn was probably best known for her role in Truman Capote's "Breakfast at Tiffany's". But her influence on pop culture has spanned generations and Hepburn's quotes throughout her life have survived the times.
- "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible' ". Similar to Salvador Dali's quote about painting a picture. When asked if it was hard to paint a picture, Dali said "No, it is either easy or it is impossible." Audrey Hepburn believed so deeply in herself that nearly eveything she tried came easily.
- "I dont want to be alone, I want to be left alone." This is a profound statement in its brevity and simplicity. To be left alone implies others respect your space while being alone means that you are constantly fighting for the right to that space.
- "Paris is always a good idea." While Venice may be the most romantic city in the world, Paris is regarded as the most beautiful. While Venice commands romance, Paris allows the visitor, or citizen, to envelope themselves in the surroundings with no additional commitment. The simplicity begins at your arrival and commands nothing further.
- "When you have nobody to make a cup of tea for, when nobody needs you, that's when I think life is over." This was a less popular quaote of Audrey Hepburn. But the fact is that playing the role of "Holly Golightly; Travelling" in Capote's "Breakfast at Tiffany's" may have had an impact on her personal life.
- "There are certain shades of limelight that can ruin a girl's complexion." This quote of Audrey Hepburn has a dual meaning. Either in the light of social attention or poor makeup on stage both can do equal damage to a young girl's reputation
- "Some people dream of having a big swimming pool. With me, it's closets." A great quote by Audrey Hepburn. During a time when movie stars usually had passion for fashion, creature comforts and wardrobe reigned supreme in Hepburn's life.
- "As you grow older, you will discover you have two hands, one for helping yourself and one for helping others." One of the more popular quotes from Hepburn due to its humanitarian nature.
- "I never thought I's land in pictures with a face like mine." Humility, or lack of self-confidence? Has Audrey Hepburn ever owned a mirror?
- "If I get married, I want to be very married." Maybe this was a sign of the changing times. Audrey Hepburn obviously was stressing the need for fidelity
- "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone." Again, this is a glance at Hepburn's humility. As a famous movie star she could've taken the exact opposite stance.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …