Are you a fan of cricket wondering about Australian Cricket captains? Here is a list of the five best Australian cricket captains. Each of these captains were able to boast high winning percentages under their leadership.
- Shane Warne. He captained Australia for a year from 1998 to 1999. Under his leadership Australia played 11 matches. They won 10 and only lost 1. His winning percentage is 90.91%.
- Ricky Ponting. One of the most successful captains in Australian history. He captained from 2002 to 2010. They played 220 matches with him as captain. Australia won 159 Lost 48 and Tied 2 matches. His winning percentage is 76.55%.
- Adam Gilchrist. He captained Australia from 2001 to 2007 primarily when Ricky Ponting could not. Under his leadership they played 17 matches winning 12 and only losing 4 with 1 no result. His winning percentage was 75%.
- Allan Border. He is another man who captained Australia for a long time. He captained from 1985 to 1994. In his time they played 178 matches winning 107 losing 67 tying 1 with 3 no results. His winning percentage was 60.11%.
- Michael Clarke. The most recent Australian captain. He is the current captain who started in 2008. They have played 18 matches with 13 wins and 5 losses. The winning percentage is 72.22%.
This list is some of the most storied and best Australian cricket captains. A lot of the names are from the more current captains showing the Australian cricket consistency and form of recent years.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …