Avelox is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections in adults, and for the most part the benefits of the drug outweigh the potential Avelox side effects. Like other antibiotics approved by the FDA, Avelox is not used to treat viral infections, only bacterial infections. Here are some of the most common potential Avelox side effects as indicated by clinical trials and other research.
- Avelox side effects in the central nervous system. The central nervous system, including the brain and spinal cord, may be victim to some Avelox side effects, including dizziness and seizures. Some of the most serious central nervous system (CNS) Avelox side effects include the potential to see and hear things that are not there, including voices. These hallucinations are rare but are potential side effects of Avelox.
- Allergic reactions. Many of the most noticeable Avelox side effects are the result of allergic reactions, and are similar to allergic reactions to other medicines or phenomena occurring in nature that people may react to. These Avelox side effects include hives, trouble breathing or swallowing, swelling of the lips and tongue, swelling of the entire face, and yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice).
- Skin rash. A skin rash is one of the most severe Avelox side effects and may be the sign of a very bad reaction to the medicine, visible after even one dose. If a skin rash is present, it is essential to stop taking the medication and contact a medical professional immediately.
- Rhythm changes in the heart. These Avelox side effects are also serious and may result in prolongation of the QT interval, a rare heart problem. If this occurs, it is necessary to contact a physician immediately.
- Peripheral neuropathy. This means that Avelox side effects could show damage to nerves in arms, hands, legs or feet. These types of antibiotics can have this effect in certain people.
- Nausea and diarrhea. The most common Avelox side effects are the least severe, those being nausea and diarrhea. While discomfiting, these side effects have no long-term harm.
- Pseudomembranous Colitis. If the diarrhea from Avelox side effects is more severe and results in bloody stool, it could be a result of this intestinal infection caused by the medicine. It may remain present up to two months after the cessation of taking Avelox.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!