Knowing how to avoid springboard diving accidents can save your life. Diving is a dangerous sport on many aspects, but when adding in a hard board to the mix, the danger increases. Each year, head injuries occur during the use of the springboard, even by professional divers. Even Olympic diver Greg Louganis hit his head during the metal round of the 1988 Olympic games.
- Have the right trainer. The first key in avoiding springboard diving accidents is to have the proper training from the proper coach. A good coach keeps safety first and will give the appropriate instructions to the diver to help avoid accidents.
- Begin with forward dives. Many head injuries occur when the diver hits their head on the board during backward facing dives. Another key to avoiding springboard diving accidents is to stick to forward dives until properly trained.
- Extend the body. Another element in avoiding springboard diving accidents is to always extend the body before going into the water. Aligning the body perpendicular to the water offers less area to be injured.
- Protect the head. Always tuck the head when going off the board. Avoiding springboard diving accidents may be as simple as pushing the chin against the chest each time you dive.
- Never take short cuts. While accidents can happen at anytime, many occur while divers are in a non-serious, non-competitive mode. They let down their guard and do not follow the proper procedures. Always count the proper steps if making a in-motion dive and always stop and prepare for the dive before going off the end of the board. Always remember that the activity can be dangerous, even when done by professionals. Avoiding springboard diving accidents is up to the individual.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!