If you ask a group of car enthusiasts which models are the world's most awesome cars, you'll get several different answers (and maybe a couple of fistfights over the results). High-powered, ultra-expensive automobiles are sometimes called "supercars." These vehicles are typically collected by the extraordinarily rich among us such as oil barons, dot-com billionaires, and royal heirs. Despite their relatively small target audience, there are so many luxurious, uber-fast cars available that a definitive list of them all would be extremely long.
- Pagani Zonda F Roadster - This awesome car is no longer in production, which is probably a factor in its $2,300,000 price tag. The final edition of the Pagani Zonda F Roadster was produced in 2011 and sports an engine capable of producing 630 horsepower. The incredible engine power of the Zonda F might be a temptation to speed on the highway, but if you can afford this awesome car, you can probably afford your own racetrack to drive it on.
- Bugatti Veyron - It stands to reason that if a car is fancy enough for Jay-Z, it's a pretty awesome car. The rap mogul's wife Beyonce gave him a Bugatti Veyron for his birthday last year. Regarded as the most powerful supercar in the world, the Veyron can go from zero to 60 miles per hour in a mere 2.6 seconds. This supercar boasts a 16 cylinder engine and can reach a top speed of 253.2 miles an hour.
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento - The world's most expensive automobile should definitely be on this list of awesome cars, and Italian carmaker Lamborghini intends to build it. The company is in production on the new Sesto Elemento, a carbon body concept car that will travel from zero to 60 in 2.5 seconds. If you're one of the very few who can afford the $2.8 million cost, get in line now. Lamborghini is only planning to make 20 of these.
- Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 - There are a few supercars for those who are just kind of rich, instead of ridiculously rich. The Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 is one of the more "affordable" awesome cars on this list, coming in at just over $180,000. This ride won't get up to the sick speeds of the more expensive supercars, but the 4.0 litre engine delivers 493 horsepower and the car can go from to 60 mph in 3.9 seconds. That's plenty of awesome for a reasonably modest price.
- McLaren F1 - You'll have to go back a few years to the last time the McLaren F1 was produced, but many supercar enthusiasts still consider it the world's most awesome car ever made. Last made in 1998, the F1 is a true racing specimen with a V12 engine capable of 550 horsepower. While McLaren has stopped rolling the F1 off the line, it has not discontinued the servicing options. Many owners have had their F1 models upgraded or retrofitted for racing or road travel. Some of these souped-up editions have sold for upwards of $3 million.