Awesome WWE Moves
Awesome WWE moves are the ones that cause an audience to pop up and cheer as soon as they see it coming. These moves are either difficult to pull off, proving the wrestlers are some of the finest athletes in the world.
- Starship Pain – John Morrison hits one of the most awesome WWE moves in the industry. Morrison knocks his opponent down onto their back and turns and faces the corner buckles. He then leaps up, hits a split leg moonsault on the top ropes and hits a corkscrew moonsault on his opponent.
- Shooting Star Press – Evan Bourne uses the shooting star press in the WWE. To hit the move, Bourne takes his opponent down and then leaps to the top turnbuckle. Bourne then leaps off the top buckle, raises his knees into his chest and then does a back flip landing on his opponent.
- RKO – Randy Orton has one of the quickest to hit WWE moves in the federation. The move is a variation of the Stunner, a move that has been used by Steve Austin and Diamond Dallas Page. Orton knocks in a three-quarter face lock and then drops the opponent’s chin onto his shoulder, knocking them out.
- 450 Splash – Justin Gabriel is the most recent WWE superstar to use this awesome WWE move. Paul London also used the move while he wrestled in the federation. The wrestler knocks his opponent to his back and then climbs the buckle. The wrestler then leaps off, performs a 450-degree back flip, and lands on the opponent.
- Tombstone – The Undertaker took the basic piledriver and morphed it into his finishing maneuver. To complete the finishing maneuver, Undertaker takes his opponent and lefts them upside down, belly to belly with him and then drops them head-first into the canvas, knocking them out.
- 619 – For this awesome WWE move, Rey Mysterio first has to get his opponent draped over the middle rope, with their chin resting on the rope itself. Mysterio then launches himself into the opposite rope and races across the ring. When he reaches his opponent, he grabs the top rope, swings outside the ring and hits a kick to his opponent’s face.
- G.T.S. – G.T.S. stands for “Go To Sleep,” and is a WWE move used by CM Punk. To carry the move off, Punk lifts his opponent onto his shoulders in a fireman’s carry. Punk then lifts them off his shoulder and drops them, while at the same time raising his knee to strike them in the face, knocking them out.
- Attitude Adjustment – John Cena is one of the most popular wrestlers in the WWE and most moves he hits are big with the crowd. His finishing move involves him lifting an opponent onto his shoulder into a fireman’s carry position and then flipping them down in a slam onto their back.
- Final Cut – While Goldust is not a main event wrestler anymore, his finisher is still one of the most awesome WWE moves. The maneuver starts off like he is going to hit a vertical suplex. He lifts his opponent for the suplex but then, midair, twists into a swinging neckbreaker.
- Killswitch – The Killswitch is Christian’s finishing WWE move and is a difficult one to pull off. The move is similar to Triple H’s Pedigree except the wrestler is turned with their head against Christian’s back and then he drops down, slamming their face into the mat.
Posted on: Feb. 15, 2011