Baby Shower Ideas For Girls
Have a friend who’s expecting and need a few baby shower ideas for girls? If your friend is having a baby girl, there are many fun baby shower themes and decorations specifically tailored for a girl’s baby shower. Keep reading to learn unique and fun ways to celebrate your friend and throw a beautiful shower for her new baby girl.
- Theme. Choosing a theme is a good place to start when you’re planning a shower for a baby girl. Themes help you decide what color and style your invitations and decorations should be, and what types of favors and foods you should purchase. Popular themes for baby girls include: princess, polka dots, pastels and pink rattles.
- Invitations. Invitations are one of the most important parts of the shower. If no one knows you’re having a shower, nobody will show up. Make or buy unique invitations that show or explain the shower’s theme. If guests need to RSVP or bring something to the shower make sure to note that in the invitation. Include your friend’s shower registry information if she’s registered for gifts.
- Decorations. Once you choose your theme, you should buy all of your shower decorations. If you decided on a polka dot theme, you can buy polka dotted balloons, paper plates and cups. Don’t forget to buy colored streamers and a big sign announcing the baby girl's birth (or expected birth date) to hang on the front door. You can decorate using the mother’s favorite colors, or opt for more traditional pinks and pastels.
- Food and Drink. Baby shower idea for girls are a lot of fun because there are so many different types of food and drinks that you can experiment with. Try making a big pink punch using lemon-lime soda, pink raspberry sorbet, and cranberry juice. Serve the punch in pink baby bottles and sippy cups. When the shower is over, wash all of the bottles and let the mother keep them. Make sure to incorporate pink, or your shower’s theme colors, into all aspects of the shower’s food and drinks. Use red food coloring to tint your cake’s frosting, and all other food items you can think of pink.
- Favors. No baby shower for girls is complete without adorable favors. Purchase or make rattle shaped pink frosted cookies and place them in a clear cellophane bag. Tie the bag with pretty ribbons, or add a round pink sticker to seal the bag. If you’re not a baker, you can buy a few candles in tins and add a custom sticker with the baby’s name and birth date, or the mother’s name and the shower date. The more useful the favor is, the more likely your guests will enjoy it and want to take it home.