Baclofen side effects can range from back pain to dizziness, and may even cause a severe allergic reaction in certain individuals. Baclofen is a drug primarily used to treat alcoholism and the withdrawal symptoms associated with severe alcoholism. Below are some of the most common side effects associated with taking Baclofen as a treatment for alcoholism.
- Back pain. Many patients who begin taking Baclofen will experience back pain. Baclofen can also cause muscle weakness or pain in patients who are sensitive to the drug and the ingredients used in it.
- Drowsiness. One of the most common side effects that is reported with taking Baclofen is severe drowsiness or dizziness that can interfere with daily activities. It is best to avoid operating machinery and to refrain from driving a vehicle while taking Baclofen or experiencing drowsiness.
- Diarrhea/constipation. Baclofen may cause disturbances in the gastrointestinal tract that may cause diarrhea or constipation in certain people. Bloating, gas, and stomach upset may also be present with diarrhea or constipation.
- Fatigue. Extreme tiredness may also be experienced when taking Baclofen. Weakness in the body may also be felt in certain patients who are taking the drug.
- Nausea/vomiting. Although somewhat uncommon, some patients taking Baclofen may have symptoms of nausea, and may begin to vomit. If vomiting is severe, contact your doctor as soon as possible for treatment and avoid dehydration by drinking plenty of fluids.
- Allergic reaction. Rarely, Baclofen can cause an allergic reaction as a side effect. Signs of a severe allergic reaction may include rashes, hives, pain in chest, severe weakness, swelling in hands and feet, numbness, burning, mood problems, confusion, and decreased urination. Seek medical treatment quickly if you are experiencing an allergic reaction to Baclofen.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.