Bait For Bass Fishing
Bass fishing is one of the more popular types of fishing around, and if you want to catch the big one, you will need the right bait for bass fishing. Fishermen have several choices in bait for bass fishing. Some use live bait, some use lures, and some use a combination of the two. The following list will detail both types while listing some of the best bait for fishing bass.
- Chatterbait: This relatively new lure is a combination of a buzzbait and a jig. It has become very popular on the bass fishing pro circuit and is among the best bait for fishing bass.
- Swimbait: Swimbait lures are fish-shaped lures that move and are designed to look like real fish. This bait is good for mimicking minnows and is always a popular bait for fishing bass.
- Live worms: This is the classic bait for fishing bass. Dig up some worms, bait your hook, and catch dinner. Worms will always be great bait, but they tend to attract nibbles from smaller fish and need to be replaced often.
- Creature bait: This bait for fishing bass looks like a day-glo plastic cucumber with a Nerf-football tail. Apparently, they work well.
- Bass jig: This is the classic bass fishing lure, and using them to mimic the movements of a live fish is an art. Use this if you want to go artificial but are still nostalgic for the old days.
- Senko: These things look like Sharpie markers, but a lot of successful anglers use them to land huge bass. You can bend them into different shapes. Bass love these.
- Live minnows: Minnows are another great form of live bait, but you need to trap them, and then keep them in a bucket of water or in the actual lake. Minnows are a great bait for bass fishing, but they are a hassle.