This is the perfect baked Tilapia filet recipe that will impress any dinner guests. The taste of a Tilapia filet usually does not have a strong flavor on it's own, so it works well to combine some stronger flavored ingredients to season the fish. This recipe has a great mix of flavors when finished, and will impress even the pickiest of dinner guests.
In order to make this baked Tilapia recipe, you will need these ingredients:
- 4 pieces of Tilapia filets
- Olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced into round slices
- 1 Red bell pepper, sliced into pieces
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 Cups mixed greens, spinach and arugula
- To begin, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. You always want to pre-heat the oven so that what ever you put into the oven, it will cook evenly.
- Heat up a few tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet, then add the onion and bell pepper pieces and saute for a few minutes, or until the onion and bell pepper begin to soften.
- Once the onion and bell pepper have softened, usually four to six minutes, add in the balsamic vinegar and take off the heat.
- To prepare the Tilapia fish filets, rub each side with olive oil then sprinkle softly with salt and pepper.
- Place the Tilapia fish filets in a shallow baking dish and then cover with the balsamic vinegar, onion, and bell pepper mixture.
- Sprinkle the fish with the cup of crumbled blue cheese, then place into the pre-heated oven.
- Bake the Tilapia fish filets until the fish crumbles softly, which usually will not take longer than about twelve minutes. The crumbled blue cheese will begin to melt, and the fish will have soaked up the flavors from the balsamic vinegar and onion and bell pepper mixture, creating layers of flavors.
- Once done, place over a cup of mixed greens for the perfect dinner pairing.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Lando’s Penalty Kick Ritual: A Tribute
He plays his last match for the USA tonight. This video is a testament to his impact.