If you plan on throwing the best parties, you need to create the right atmosphere with these bar home furniture essentials (and extras). Bar home furniture has come a long way from the metal barstools of yore; there are now a lot of modern and stylish bar home furniture essentials on the market.
To set up a home bar entertainment area, you will need:
- A bar, either built in or purchased
- Bar stools
- If space permits, a separate pub table and bar stools
- Comfortable low chairs and a coffee table
- An area rug to define different areas of your bar home
- The best home bar entertainment areas have separate entertainment areas in which to be seated. Measure out your bar room so you can buy other bar home furniture essentials. It's preferable to have at least two separate areas in your home bar area.
- The most essential item of bar home furniture is, obviously, the bar at which to serve cocktails. If you've purchased a bar, place out it at least four feet from the back wall. You'll need area to walk around behind or bend over for liquor bottles. Placing a bar angled in a corner can add an element of interest to your home bar.
- Purchase as many bar stools as your bar area will allow. After all, not everyone is going to want to stand around your bar. Set the bar stools at least one foot apart for maximum comfort.
- Measure the room where your home bar is and purchase an area rug to place under your bar home furniture essential pub table and chairs. Tacking down the corner of the area rug is a good idea, especially where drunks are concerned. Tripping hazards and cocktails don't necessarily mix.
- Place your pub table and chairs on the area rug. A pub table goes nicely in a small corner so shop for the right size essential pub table and chairs.
- Place your lower chairs and coffee table to hold cocktails in a separate area of the room, if you can. You can skip the coffee table if you need to and just add a small round plant holder to use as a table.
Make your home bar furniture comfortable yet classy. If you work with a theme, it might be easier to pick out furniture which complements your home bar.