If you have ever wanted to learn about barefoot water skiing this is the time. This sport is not for everyone, and you should have some water skiing experience before you try it. There are a few different methods you can use to try this, but the easiest way to learn is to use a boom.
Things you will need:
- life vest
- water skiing boat
- Start with the boom. A boom is a metal pole that attaches to the side of a boat. The ski rope attach to the boom, or you can hang on directly to the boom. This is the easiest way for beginners to start barefoot water skiing.
- Jump into the water beside the boat. Once you are in the water, grab on to the boom. Make sure you have a good grip on it because the boat is going to need some good speed to keep you on the water when you are barefoot.
- Cue the driver. Once you are ready, let the driver of the boat know to go ahead. They will start at a slower speed. Let your legs drag behind you and let your belly skim the surface of the water. Once your belly is skimming the water the driver will increase the boat speed. When you feel the water harden, you can swing your legs around. Make sure you swing them away from the boat.
- Bend your knees. Make sure you are holding on tight and bend your knees. Stay on your butt at this point, and have your knees bent in front of you.
- Heels in the water. Here is where barefoot water skiing gets interesting. Put your heels on the water, and let yourself stand up.
- Keep trying. Don't expect to get there the first time you try barefoot water skiing. Just like with skis, it will take some practice and some falling before you get the hang of it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.