Bargain Shopping: 10 Tips
Curious about bargain shopping and 10 tips to help you get the best deals? When bargain shopping, there are things that every frugal shopper should know. There is nothing better than getting a good bargain when you are shopping. Following these 10 bargain shopping tips will help to ensure you get the best prices on the best items when shopping.
- The first tip for bargain shopping is to clip coupons. Whether you are shopping for groceries or shopping at a local department store, you can usually find coupons for the items you are interested in buying. You can find coupons in the Sunday paper or search for printable coupons online. Taking along a coupon will help you save extra money on items that are already on sale.
Check out the store ads. You can either look in the Sunday newspaper or online to find out what stores are currently running specials on certain items. Sometimes stores will run "buy one, get one free" ads, which really end up being great bargains. Sometimes you can even include a coupon to save even more money on top of the already great savings.
- Compare prices when bargain shopping. It's always good to compare store prices before you buy anything. One store may have a much better bargain on the item you want to purchase. Make sure to do a little price comparison before you set out on your bargain shopping trip.
Shop the clearance section. You can find some really great bargains and save a lot of money by shopping the clearance aisle, no matter where you are shopping. If it's perishable, make sure you check the expiration date before purchasing.
- Shop the sale racks. If you are shopping for clothing, some of the best bargains can be found on the sale racks, usually located in the back of the store. Combined with a coupon, you can really get some great bargains on already discounted merchandise.
- Online bargain shopping. You can get some great bargains by shopping online. Sign up for a store's email list and you can have special deals sent directly to your inbox. You can also search for online coupon codes to save when you shop online. Some online stores even offer free shipping if you spend a certain dollar amount. Online auctions are another great way to find bargains online. Sometimes you can end up with a better bargain by shopping online than by shopping in the store.
Shop at outlet stores. Outlet shops are a great way to find a good bargain. You can usually find brand-name clothing for much less than what you would pay in the regular retail store.
- Thrift stores are a bargain-hunter's dream. If you search hard enough, you can usually save a lot of money and find great bargains at thrift stores. Sometimes you can even find items that still have the tags attached.
- Hit local yard sales. You never know what bargains you may find at the yard sale down the street. Another person's garbage can be your weekend bargain.
- The last tip is to negotiate prices. No matter where you find your bargains, make sure to negotiate the price you pay. Sometimes retailers will give you a percentage off if you just ask. When shopping at a thrift store or yard sale, there is nothing wrong with haggling on the price of an item.
If you are bargain shopping online, make sure to determine whether or not you are actually getting a better bargain. If you have to pay high shipping costs, then it might behoove you to actually go into the store to shop. Compare gas costs to shipping costs to see where you will save more money. If at all possible, never pay full retail price and wait for an item to go on sale before purchasing.