Looking for basic swimming technique for exercise? Swimming can be an excellent sport to do if you are trying to get into shape and remain fit and healthy. Knowing the right techniques and strategies is useful for swimmers who want to swim the right way and make the most of the sport and exercise. Read on to learn some basic swimming techniques for exercise!
- Arm strokes. One of the most basic swimming moves is the arm stroke, which you should use frequently for great exercise. During an arm stroke, the swimmer should move his arms in a rotating motion and try to swim in a straight line. Once the arms are under the water, they should be moved in an S type pattern.
- Backstroke. A backstroke is also used frequently and is excellent exercise for swimmers. Basically, the swimmer is floating on his back in the water and doing backwards arm strokes. Make sure you use your arms with force, or it can be difficult to stay above water and in a straight line. The swimmer should also roll the body from one side to the other and be a swift as possible.
- Leg kicks. Swimming can be great exercise for the legs, if you use them the right way. While gliding through the water, make sure you kick your legs in a fluttering motion and bend the knees.
- Breathing. Swimmers need to breathe the correct way during swimming to avoid water inhalation and exhaustion. Always turn the head to the side to breathe if you are doing arm strokes, and don't breathe too quickly. Make sure the nose is completely out of the water, as it can be easy to accidentally inhale water while breathing. Inhaling water can be painful, so it is important to follow this swimming technique.
- Use a good pair of goggles. Goggles will help protect your eyes from the water and will make it easier to swim. Choose a pair that is both comfortable and fits the shape of your eyes and face. Goggles also help prevent chlorine from getting to the eyes, which can burn and cause damage over time.
- Work on speed. Once you master the arm strokes and backstrokes and learn how to use your legs to propel you, you can try to get faster and faster. Practice increasing speed each time you do your strokes and aim to complete them in a certain amount of time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Game of Thrones bloopers, sex geckos and more conversation starters for any social situation.