Bass Fishing Gear Essentials
Bass fishing is an adventure that you can enjoy with very little equipment, but don't hit the water without these basic bass fishing gear essentials. Choosing the right gear can help determine whether or not you will go home with any fish, but as long as you enjoyed the day, it was a success. Bass are fish that can be found in most areas of the United States, so finding the right gear is easy.
- Rod and Reel. This is the most essential of all the bass fishing gear. You can't even get started without it. There are many different rods and reels out there with prices ranging from under $100 to well over a thousand dollars. You can have success as long as you don't go completely cheap.
- Bait. There is also a wide range of bait you can use for bass fishing. Before choosing your bait you need to decide which kind of bass you will be fishing for and what type of water you will be fishing in.
- Tackle box. You will need something to carry all your tackle in. This will keep everything you need for your bass fishing organized. Tackle boxes come in all shapes and sizes and every angler has a different opinion on what they like best.
- Waders. These are definitely bass fishing gear, but not necessarily essential depending on what type of fishing you are doing. If you are going to be standing on a dock fishing you won't need them, but if you are fly fishing from the middle of a river they are absolutely essential.
- Fishing net. A net is a necessary item when you are bass fishing because it can keep you from losing your catch before you get it in the boat. Look for one with strong netting and a handle that is between three and six feet.