There's no denying that cleaning a bathroom is not much fun; however, with a bathroom cleaning checklist at hand, it'll make the job a bit easier. Doing some bathroom cleaning tasks in a particular order will help save time and keep you from going over the same place twice.
- Start at the top. Begin with dusting any furniture or cabinets–towel racks or medicine cabinets. This is an easy place to start bathroom cleaning.
- Wipe down wall mounted tooth brush holders or soap holders with a bleach solution. Vinegar and water works well to remove soap scum, but it takes a little elbow grease. Scrubby sponges are very helpful in the nooks and crannies of porcelain fixtures.
- Clean the bathroom mirror with a commercial cleaner or make one of your own with vinegar and water (equal parts vinegar and warm water). Wipe with paper towels or newspaper for a lint-free finish.
- Wash countertop, faucet and sink. Use a glass cleaning spray or make up a vinegar and water solution for removing spots off of faucets and handles.
- Scrub the toilet. Use a commercial toilet bowl cleaner or bleach, but never combine the two! Combining bleach and toilet bowl cleanser creates dangerous fumes! Something you don't want when bathroom cleaning, or cleaning in general.
- Move to the shower and tub area and wet all the surfaces down to soften any dirt. Choose cleansers made for the job, whether its removing soap scum or elimination of mildew. Using the wrong product is wastes time and money. Often, vinegar and water will do the trick as well as expensive commercial formulas. Bleach is very effective, but use with caution. Open windows to improve ventilation if possible.
- Scrub the tub and shower tile with chosen cleanser and rinse very thoroughly with water. Use a squeegee to quickly remove surface water. This is especially helpful to keep soap scum from building up after showers.
Sweep and mop the bathroom floor to complete the bathroom cleaning process.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?