Beaches In New Jersey
Are you wondering about beaches in New Jersey? Do you wonder which one along the 130 mile Jersey shore might be the one that you will enjoy the most? Here is a brief look at some of those beaches in New Jersey that you can enjoy.
- “The WildWoods Beach”: One reason it is considered one of New Jersey best beaches are their annual contests such as the annual WildWoods International Kite Contest and the National Marbles Tournament. These contests are also part of the reason the beach draws more than 9 million visitors each year. Plus, visiting the beach is free, which is always considered a plus.
- “Ocean City Beach”: This beach is located in the heart of Jersey Shore. It offers an estimated eight miles of white sand. Picnicking is forbidden on the beach area. One reason it is considered a favorite beach is it family type atmosphere. In fact, in 2007, the Travel Channel voted it the fifth best family beach in America.
- “Long Beach Island”: The beach is easy to reach on all the city’s side streets. Food and alcohol is prohibited on the beach area. There is a bathing and play area for small children. There are volleyball nets, basketball courts and playground equipment for everyone’s enjoyment. The size of the beach itself is one reason many people loves it. Its widest part is eighteen miles wide. This beach is lined with small shore towns and quaint little shops that every tourist and locale resident is bound to love.
- “Avalon”: This beach is located in the southern part of the Jersey Shore. It offers its visitors a chance to go fishing and crabbing, as well as the opportunity to enjoy the many parks, and playgrounds. This is why many consider this beach as a premier beach for a family vacation. It offers every member of the family something enjoyable to do.
- “Cape May”: Guests are allowed to bring food to Cape May. However, alcohol is prohibited. There is free parking along the side streets of town, near the beach area. Cape May is known for being a clean area for family fun. It a 30 mile stretch of clean white sandy beaches, boardwalks and beautiful bed and breakfasts in which out of town visitors may wish to stay. The beach itself has many rentals such as surf chairs for guests with disabilities. These are free of charge. One of the reasons people considered this as one of the best beaches in New Jersey is the delicious food that can be bought from local vendors right on the beach. You can enjoy local cuisine and fun items such as funnel cakes and hot dogs.
Posted on: May. 04, 2011