Bee Gees Greatest Hits
The Bee Gees' greatest hits span almost two decades. The R&B trio saw the height of their commercial success in the mid to late 1970's, during the Disco Era. Infused with an infectious, light beat and harmonies featuring the high notes of lead singer Maurice Gibb, the music of the Bee Gees remains a staple of American culture.
- "Stayin' Alive." This song was originally released in 1977 on the soundtrack album to "Saturday Night Fever." "Stayin' Alive" became the Bee Gees' signature song, forever associated with images of a slicked back John Travolta strolling the streets in a prowl for his latest romantic conquest. Arguably the trio's greatest hit, the single dominated the music charts and marked the beginning of the disco craze.
- "Night Fever." The Bee Gees saw another chart topper from the "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack with the single "Night Fever." Featuring a soft instrumental beat reminiscent of early funk, the single continues to be included on the band's Greatest Hits albums. Modern radio stations that pay homage to the music of the 70s still feature "Night Fever" in heavy rotation.
- "How Deep Is Your Love." This is one of the Bee Gees' more popular ballads. Also featured on the "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack, "How Deep Is Your Love" is a sensitive, calming melody that showcases the high-pitched vocals the trio is famous for. The single became one of the band's highest chart toppers.
- "To Love Somebody." Featured on the album, "Best of Bee Gees," this single is an American classic. As one of the band's greatest hits, the song's instrumentation takes a diversion from their previous disco sound. Its lyrics tell the story of love's devotion and unwavering faith. The song is still in heavy rotation on modern soft pop and rock radio.
- "One." Somewhat of a comeback hit for the Bee Gees, "One" was released in 1989. It became a chart topping success that appealed to both older and younger generations. Maurice Gibb's classic high-pitched vocals can be heard against a modernized and catchy light pop beat. "One" is featured on the band's Greatest Hits album and is a engaging tune that tells its listeners to never give up on true love.