Looking for beef jerky recipes for dehydrators? Homemade jerky is a healthy, portable snack that delivers a high-protein punch without the preservatives and other unwanted ingredients of packaged beef jerky. Try out one of these beef jerky recipes with your food dehydrator.
To make a basic beef jerky recipe for dehydrators, you will need:
- 2 lbs. beef strip steak or flank steak
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 zip-top plastic freezer bag (1 gallon size)
- Cutting board
- Very sharp knife
- Paper towels
- Food dehydrator
- Trim the fat off the steak. Seal it inside the zip-top freezer bag and freeze for several hours or until firm. This will make the steak easier to slice.
- Slice the beef into thin strips. Slice against the grain; this will make the resulting beef jerky easier to chew.
- Combine the beef and seasonings in a zip-top freezer bag. Refrigerate for three to six hours to marinate the meat.
- Pat the beef dry with paper towels. Dry the beef following the manufacturer's instructions for your food dehydrator.
- Store the beef jerky in an airtight container. It will stay fresh for two to three months.
Alternative seasonings for beef jerky recipes with dehydrators:
- For an herbed beef jerky, combine the sliced beef with two teaspoons lemon pepper, one tablespoon garlic powder, one tablespoon dried thyme and two tablespoons soy sauce. Refrigerate to marinate before drying as instructed above.
- For a hot and sour beef jerky, combine the sliced beef with one cup soy sauce, one tablespoon cider vinegar, 1/4 cup ground black pepper, and Worcestershire and hot sauce to taste. Marinate overnight in the fridge and dry according to your food dehydrator's instructions.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.