Use this beer batter recipe to coat fish, chicken or anything else you feel like frying, from raw vegetables to mozzarella cheese. Make sure you use a decent beer for the beer batter recipe. You want a dark, hefty beer for the best taste. Anything light and tasteless will result in a bland beer batter.
To make a beer batter recipe, you will need:
- 12 oz. dark beer, such as stout or porter
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning (optional, only if you're coating fish)
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- Oil for frying
- Large saucepot
- 1.5 lbs. fish, chicken or something to fry
- Pour the beer into a large mixing bowl. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and other seasonings and whisk to combine. You want the beer batter to be as smooth as possible, so whisk until all the flour lumps are gone.
- Place the beer batter in the refrigerator for at least fifteen minutes to allow it to rest. You can cover and keep the batter in the fridge overnight if you wish.
- Prepare the food to be battered and fried. Slice the fish, chicken or vegetables into one-inch wide strips.
- Pour the beer batter into a shallow bowl or pie dish. Sprinkle the cornstarch into another shallow dish.
- Heat the oil in the saucepot over the stove. Dredge the fish or chicken through the cornstarch, then dip into the beer batter. When the oil is hot enough (320 degrees), place battered food into the oil. Fry until golden.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”