Beer Pong Rules
Beer pong rules vary from person to person, but most everyone agrees that it is one of the best classic drinking games around, as long as it is played in a lighthearted and responsible manner. While the rules vary, there is a basic premise for beer pong that everyone can follow.
- Start with a table. If you have a ping pong table that is great, but any rectangular table will do.
- Cups. Take some red plastic cups and arrange them in triangles on each side of the table.
- Fill 'em up. Fill each cup with beer about a quarter of the way up.
- Choose sides. Make two teams of two to four people.
- Take turns throwing the ping pong ball at the other team's triangle. If your ball lands in one of their cups, they have to drink from that cup.
- Wash the ping pong ball. Usually there is a "dip cup" of water to rinse the ball after it lands in a cup of beer, or on the ground. But this is just as unsanitary as not washing it. The water cup is a teeming cesspool of bacteria.
- Play to win. To win the game, you have to land your ping pong ball in all of the other teams cups. Whoever still has cups standing at the end of the game wins, and the losing team has to drink the rest of the winning team's cups.
Massive consumption of alcohol poses many health risks including liver failure, alcohol poisoning, blackouts, and dangerous decision-making. Drink responsibly and remember that beer pong is just a game, and rules don't really exist. You and your opponents are the only one responsible for what you do.