Ben Roethlisberger Stats
Instead of focusing on the negative, it's time to take a look at some of the most important Ben Roethlisberger stats. No, not how many shots he can throw back, or Georgia college girls he's "dated." How about a stand out quarterback passer rating, or more obscure ones like yards per attempt? These are what true NFL fans will remember him by.
- 92.5 passer rating. (10th all-time.) The casual NFL follower doesn't realize how successful Big Ben's individual stats really are. This shouldn't be too surprising for someone who is the youngest quarterback in history to win two NFL Championships.
- 63.7% completion rate (12th all-time.) This stat is even more staggering to wrap one's head around. Mainly because most Ben Roethlisberger stats don't deal with completion rates: championships and yards. Take a look at the next stat and it will all make sense.
- 8.4 yards per attempt (5th all-time.) Someone knows how to throw a football. This number brings all above stats into prospective. A player known for slinging the pig skin around the field, and averages nearly 10-yards per attempt, isn't supposed to rack up a 63% completion rate. Well, only if you're name is Ben Roethlisberger.
- .704 career winning percentage (4th all-time.) This is the stat that brings Roethlisberger in with the likes of Peyton Manning, Bret Favre and Tom Brady. Not bad company, huh? Remember, it doesn't hurt to have Troy Polamalu and Hines Ward as teammates. . .but this shouldn't diminish the greatness of these stats.
- 503 yard passing game. Think back about a few Steelers quarterbacks you've heard of. . .Ok, times up. In 2009, Roethlisberger set the all-time Steelers record with a mind blowing performance against the Green Bay packers. Not only did he set a franchise record, but this out of body experience made him one of ten NFL quarterbacks to ever throw for 500 yards in a game.