Benefits Of Celibacy
The benefits of celibacy, to many, aren’t immediately apparent. After all, they don’t provide the instant gratification that comes from sex. But if celibacy is practiced with the right attitude and frame of mind, many positive outcomes can result. The difference, of course, is that they are generally mental rather than physical. Read on to see why celibacy is a legitimately good choice for many people.
- Discipline. Whether the length of your commitment is a few months or an entire lifetime, one of the main benefits of celibacy is the discipline you’ll learn. At times, it will take an iron will and some real dedication to keep your vow strong. In essence, it is a battle of mind and body. If your mind can conquer, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you are in control of all aspects of your life – not just sex.
- Dating without pressure. For young people especially, the issue of sex in relationships can cause a deep divide. All too often the result is lowered self confidence and a feeling of inferiority just because “everyone else is doing it”. This is where the second benefit of celibacy comes in. By taking the pressure off of yourself, both your confidence and love life can actually improve. You’ll be able to have a good time with members of the opposite gender without the weight of sex resting on your shoulders.
- Finding real love. In the beginning of a non-celibate relationship, lust is often the driving factor behind the connection. Then, as the couple spends more time together outside the bedroom, they find that the infatuation fades away. But when you’re practicing celibacy, you’ll get the opportunity to really know the other person before jumping into bed with them. Without sex shrouding the true nature of a relationship, you’ll more accurately be able to figure out whether that person is truly right for you.
- Adherence to personal belief. In many Western religions, a key tenet of living as a faithful person is to be celibate before marriage. Though this has kind of fallen by the wayside in recent decades, many believe that it’s still the best way to practice a particular religion correctly. If you’re one of these people, then knowing that you’re adhering to your principles despite social pressure will be the most immediate benefit of celibacy for you.
- No danger or worry. The biggest risks that implicitly come with sex are the potential for sexually transmitted infections and unplanned pregnancy. Obviously, celibacy has a distinct advantage in hedging this risk. It is the only 100% guaranteed way to ensure your personal health and safety when it comes to sexual activity.