Learn about benefits of energy drinks and find out if these popular beverages are a good choice for you. These beverages offer several advantages, as discovered by their devoted followers, largely teenagers and young adults.
- Increased energy. Probably one of the most obvious benefits of energy drinks is the energy boost they provide. Since it is in the form of a liquid, these drinks are quickly made available to the body and can increase energy within just a few minutes of ingestion.
- Decreased fatigue. The benefits of energy drinks includes their ability to stimulate the body and refresh the mind. This is a good option when you've missed sleep but still need to perform well.
- Concentration. Many energy drinks increase concentration and overall mental functioning by providing large doses of various B vitamins, especially B12.
- Improved performance. The result of increasing physical performance is one of the main benefits of energy drinks appreciated by bodybuilders and other serious athletes.
- Supplementation. Many energy drinks provide vitamins, minerals and herbs to enhance a healthy diet.
- Hangovers. If you're suffering the effects of too many drinks the night before, you'll be glad to know that lessening these symptoms is another of the benefits of energy drinks. These drinks will wake you up, clear your mind and get you going the next morning much like a cup of coffee, but with more significant results.
- Convenience. Some energy drinks come in a powdered form. These can generally be added to bottled water, making them the perfect choice for an on-the-go drink, especially at long sporting events.
- Gain a competitive edge. Due to the benefits of energy drinks such as improved performance and increased energy, many people choose to consume energy drinks as a way to gain a competitive edge during athletic events.
- Late nights at the office. Most people have to put in extra hours at work occasionally. Unfortunately, these late nights can not only leave you feeling sluggish, they can also be less than productive due to both the physical and mental fatigue associated with extended work hours. Counteracting this fatigue is yet another of the benefits of energy drinks.
- Increased weight loss. Though some energy drinks contain as much sugar and calories as a can of pop, there are plenty of energy drinks available on the market that are sugar-free and low-calorie products. This, in addition to the fact that several commonly included ingredients have been found to raise the metabolism make energy drinks the perfect addition to a healthy diet plan.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Movies You Must See in 2014
The cinematic calendar promises sex addicts, sexy vampires, sexy co-eds, Sundance splashes and artfully concocted big-budget fare.
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.