The benefits of kickboxing are quite vast. Kickboxing is one of those physically demanding sports that can change your life for the better. Have you ever seen a fat slob of a kickboxer? No, this is because the major benefits tied to kickboxing have to do with improving your overall health, strength, and even mental improvement. Learning how to kickbox isn't easy, but stick with it. You'll see great improvements in the overall quality of your life. Check out these great benefits of becoming a kickboxer.
- Cardiovascular improvement. This goes without saying. All boxers, including those that kickbox, have great cardiovascular maintenance. You'll see. When you first climb in the kickboxing ring, you'll last about 30 seconds before you start to get winded. The more you do it, the more you'll see improvement in your cardiovascular system. You'll be able to go longer and longer in the ring. Your stamina will begin to increase. The fat on your body will begin to melt away. The quick side to side movements, the constant motion in the ring, and the kicking and punching are great tests for your cardiovascular system.
- Muscle improvement. Sticking with kickboxing will lean your muscles out as well. You'll notice that your overall strength and power will begin to increase at an exponential rate. That once elusive six pack will begin to peak out from under that layer of fat on your stomach. Your arms will begin to grow and harden. Your legs will magically transform into tree trunks. Your shoulders and back will begin to widen.
- Up your speed. With an improvement in cardiovascular capacity and muscle strength comes an increased amount of speed as well. You'll be able to throw lighting fast punches and thunderous kicks. You'll be able to dance in the ring with the best of them.
- Discipline. Sticking with a routine shows discipline, period. But, sticking with learning and mastering a martial art is far above any workout routine. Your commitment to the sport will increase as your muscles grow, your cardio capacity gets stronger, and your speed becomes lightning. You'll see that all elements feed off of each other. Overall improvement in all areas will make you even more determined to stick with the martial art.
- Stress Reliever. The world around you is a stress filled pain in the ass. One of the best benefits of kickboxing you can get is the ultimate in stress relief. Get in the ring and beat out the problems of the day. Kickboxing can actually help you deal with stress better, simply because you can use that stress as the fuel you need to kick ass in the ring.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
What to Drink on Labor Day
Seven options to see out the summer with style. And by style we mean a cool buzz.