The 5 best motorcycle companies in the world exist to feed your need for speed and your need to be a counterculture rebel! These companies are all long-storied and highly regarded brands that have been at their craft for decades. They understand your desire to simply hit the open road and let the wind hit your face as you barrel down the road on your motorcycle.
- Harley-Davidson. Quintessentially American and the most famous American motorcycle brand, Harley-Davidson makes it to number one easily on account of its iconic status as well as it being an integral part of Americana. One of only two American motorcycle brands to survive the great depression, Harley-Davidson was founded in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, back in 1903. Today, Harley-Davidson has created a highly loyal community of fans of their brand.
- Yamaha. One of oldest motorcycle companies on Earth, Yamaha was started way back in 1887 by Torakusu Yamaha. While it makes all sorts of things from musical instruments to electronic equipment, motorcycles are arguably one of its most popular products. For instance, its new 2010 motorcycle models are aimed at attracting newbie riders to start riding bikes for the first time.
- Ducati. Founded all the way back in 1926 by Bruno Ducati, Ducati today has matured into one of the world's most prominent makers of motorcycles. The Ducati brand is ubiquitous in many things related to motorcycles, whether it is motorcycle racing or simply the reputation of its cycles, which marry performance with style, a good reason to give it the three spot. Its bikes are best known for their L-motor innovation, which is the main engine type in their staple of motorcycles.
- Honda. Relatively new to the business of manufacturing motorcycles, Honda only started in 1982, but since then have made an impact that has been widely felt in the industry. Their approach to their motorcycles is very scientific with the development of new bikes and motorcycle engines stemming primarily from their research division, which is always looking to create the latest and greatest, technological advancement to help Honda win motorcycling races. This single-minded focus is what earns them the four spot.
- Kawasaki. Kawasaki has been around for a long time, going back to all the way to 1896. It features the slogan "Let the good times roll," and it features one of the world's most popular line of motorbikes, its Ninja line that combines cutting edge with sharp aesthetics. Because of all its efforts, it has raised itself to today being one of the world's largest makers of motorcycles.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.