Wondering where the best acting schools in Chicago are located? Have no fear! Chicago a great place to study acting. Here is the list of the best acting schools in Chicago.
- Roosevelt University Theatre Conservatory Roosevelt University Theatre Conservatory is right in the heart of Chicago. This acting school has a low student/faculty ratio and offers opportunities for professional internships. Classes are in fundamentals of acting, voice and physical preparation, theatre history, rehearsal and performance. Roosevelt University Theatre Conservatory 430 S. Michigan Ave. Chicago, IL 60605. (312) 341-3500
- DePaul University DePaul University is the oldest Midwest theatre training conservatory. The students' first year is centered around learning to expand their acting toolbox. The next three years is about honing their toolbox with skills and techniques that will include ideas from Lessac, Stanislavski, Grotowski, Suzuki, Tai Chi and Feldenkrais. DePaul University: One E. Jackson, Chicago, IL 60604. (312) 362-8000
- Second City Improv Second City Improv is where some of the most famous improvers get their start. Second City is the best place to learn and practice improvisation when living in Chicago. Students start at Level A (ensemble and object work) and work their way to Level E (fully improvised show). They also have a conservatory for those who want to become professional improvisers. Second City Improv: 1608 N. Wells St. Chicago, IL 60614. (312) 664-3959
- University of Illinois at Chicago University of Illinois at Chicago is for the well-rounded actor. Their theatre program is a balance between practice and theory. Students study in the areas of acting, directing and design, developing them into well-rounded actors. University of Illinois at Chicago: 1040 W. Harrison St. MC-255. Chicago, IL 60607. (312) 413-2114
- Loyola University Chicago Loyola University Chicago is another one of the best acting school in Chicago. The beginning of the school year allows freshman and transfer students to do a “New Student Showcase.” Students get an education in theatre history, criticism and literature. Loyola University Chicago: 6525 N. Sheridan Rd. Chicago, IL 60626. (773) 274-3000
- Columbia College Chicago Columbia College teaches acting through physical, voice and improvisational exercises. These classes will teach students about awareness and learn how to connect to the stage. Columbia College Chicago: 600 S. Michigan Ave. Chicago, IL 60605. (312) 663-1600
- The Green Room The Green Room offers a wide variety of classes, making it one of the best acting schools in Chicago. The Green Room offers classes about on-camera to auditioning. They offer regular weekly classes to a five month intensive. The Green Room: 1915 W. Chicago Ave. 1F. Chicago, IL 60622. (312) 421-2774
- Greenhouse Center for Theatrical Studies Greenhouse Center for Theatrical Studies cares for the individual actor by focusing on what is best for aspiring actors. Greenhouse offers classes that are based on multiple methods, believing one method will not work for everyone. Greenhouse Center for Theatrical Studies: 2257 N. Lincoln Ave. Chicago, IL 60614. (773) 404-7336
- Acting Studio Chicago Acting Studio Chicago is the school for every actor. Acting Studio is great for the beginner to the advanced actor, offering a wide variety of acting classes from auditioning to scene study to on camera. Acting Studio Chicago: 10 W. Hubbard St. Suite 2E. Chicago, IL 60610. (312) 527-4566
- Act One Studios Act One Studios is the largest Midwest professional acting school. Act One offers four week intensives and two year conservatory programs. Students learn how the business works and work on a monologue. The school offers over 30 different classes to choose from. Act One Studios: 640 N. LaSalle, Suite 535. Chicago, IL 60610. (312) 787-9384
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.