Where are the 5 best acting schools in Virginia? You’re in luck here are the best acting schools in Virginia.
- Shenandoah University’s Shenandoah Conservatory- Shenandoah Conservatory is one of the best acting schools in Virginia. This is a four-year school in Winchester, Virginia teaching students acting techniques, stagecraft, improvisation, dialects, speech, directing, and makeup. Shenandoah University 1460 University Drive, Winchester, VA 22601; (540) 665-4600
- Emory and Henry College’s Theatre Program- Emory and Henry College offers more making it the best acting school in Virginia. Their theatre program prepare students for a professional career in four areas: acting, director, musical theatre, and production/design. They work closely with Barter Theatre a LORT C Equity professional company in Abingdon, Virginia offering internships, mentoring, and workshops. Emory and Henry College P.O. Box 947 Emory, VA 24327; (276) 944-6667
- Virginia Tech Theatre Program- Virginia Tech is all about performing thus the best acting school in Virginia. The Theatre Department puts on four main stage productions per academic year, six to ten workshops, two summer shows, and several film screenings and special guest. Virginia Tech 250 Henderson Hall, Blacksburg, VA 24061; (540) 231-5335
- University of Virginia Drama Department- University of Virginia develops the well rounded actor that’s easily why it's the best acting school in Virginia. The Drama Department trains actors in voice for theatre, movement for theatre, stage combat, audition, script analysis, dialects, theatre makeup, musical theatre performance, television texts, scripting and directing and film. University of Virginia 109 Culbreth Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903; (434) 924-3326
- Radford University- Radford University is another best acting school in Virginia. Radford teaches students to become critical thinkers and effective communicators that are important in the showbiz and real world. Students are encouraged to take internships and work in their field to become better professionals. Radford University 801 E. Main Street, Radford, VA 24142; (540) 831-5000
- Virginia Commonwealth University- Virginia Commonwealth provides the best acting foundation making it the best acting school in Virginia. They offer a BA/BFA/MFA program laying down the foundation of acting so students build a great base. Virginia Commonwealth University P.O. Box 843051 Richmond, VA 23284; (804) 828-6916
- James Madison University- James Madison is national ranked high thus being the best acting school in Virginia. James Madison holds top spot for ten years and going according to U.S. News and Report and further proof students from JMU consistently appear on Broadway. Students take classes in performance techniques, business management, theatre history and literary theory. James Madison University 800 Main Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22807; (540) 568-6211
- George Mason University- George Mason University combines modern and classic training for actors as a result being the best acting school in Virginia. Students start out with the Stanislavski and move onto vocal production to movement. George Mason University 4400 University Drive, MSN 3E6, Fairfax, VA 22030; (703) 993-1120
- Liberty University- Liberty University offers more performing time for students making it the best acting school in Virginia. Liberty offers students to perform up to six main stage productions per year. Students also take classes from vocal to accents to movement. Liberty University 1971 University Blvd., Lynchburg, VA24502; (434) 582-2085
- Old Dominion University- Old Dominion University presents students a full range of opportunity becoming the best acting school in Virginia. Students choose a wide range of courses in performance, history/theory, design technology, and video production. Old Dominion University 108 Alfred B. Rollins Jr. Hall, Norfolk, VA 23529; (757) 683-3685
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.