Best Adult Baseball Mitt
Finding the best adult baseball mitt for you can be a little confusing. The amount of padding, pocket depth and webbing that you need in your mitt will be determined by the field position you are playing. Infield baseball mitts for adults are usually sized 10.5 to 11.5 inches, and outfield mitts are 12.0 to 12.5 inches. If you are left-handed, you will also find a variety of high-quality mitts to choose from.
- Nike Air Show Elite 1150T Baseball Mitt. This glove is 11.5 inches and is designed for infielders and pitchers. Retailing for about $80, it offers a fabric liner that pulls moisture away from your sweaty hands. The durable full-grain leather will last for many years.
- Louisville Slugger Helix HX1150 Left-Handed Baseball Mitt. The Slugger Helix is a great glove for adult men who are left-handed. Extra Bruise-Gard padding keeps your hands protected, and the I-webbing has a closed-web design to help secure the ball in an infield position.
- Wilson A700 DP92 Baseball Mitt. The A700 is a new 12.5 inch glove intended for players in an outfield position. Constructed with Sorbothane, the mitt will absorb some of the shock when catching the ball. It will also retain its shape for many seasons with the Dual Welting finger and pocket design.
- Rawlings Renegade Baseball Mitt. Covering first base is an important position in baseball. The Renegade is made for left-handed men who want a stretchable web construction. This allows the pocket area to be tight so the ball will land into the pocket without bouncing out of the mitt. It is a great value at about $50.
- Nokona Walnut AMG 1175 Baseball Mitt. This is a unique 11.75 inch mitt made of walnut leather. The mitt also has a full-laced perimeter. Made in a small town in Texas, this brand has been around since 1934 and sells for about $200. It is a long-lasting mitt for the serious baseball player.