Best Affordable Rafting Gear
Rafting can be a great and inexpensive way to spend time with your friends and family here is the best affordable rafting gear to set you on your way! Besides your adventurous spirit and a river there’s not too much you will need to get rolling as a river rafter. Most things that you will need you should have no problem finding at your local sporting good store. Read below to make sure you pick up all the essentials!
- Rafts. Obviously the raft itself is going to be the most expensive thing on your list, but hopefully we’ll be able to point you in the direction of some of the more inexpensive rafts out there. Tributary makes a twelve foot raft for two to four people retailing at $2550, if you’re looking for slightly larger, AIRE makes a Super Puma raft for six people retailing for $3120. When shopping for your raft make sure it has the passenger requirements you’re looking for!
- Paddles. Here is where you’ll find some affordable rafting gear! With so many choices in paddles for your raft, you’ll want to make sure you choose something that features strong aluminum shafts and solid blades. The most popular raft paddle in America is the Carlisle Standard Raft Paddle which retails at a low $31, another great Carlisle option is the Economy paddles which retail for only $20.50! If you’d like something outside the Carlisle family, look for the RiverPro Commercial Outfitter Rafting Paddle which you can scoop up for just $24.95 each.
- Pumps. From electric to manual, you have many options when it comes to pumps for your raft. The most affordable rafting gear pump would be a manual, of course. Bravo makes a Wonder Pump 6 that retails for $29.95 and Raft Pump makes a Double Action hand pump that you can get for 27.95. If you’re not in the market for a manual pump and feel like it might be worth it to pay the extra for an electric pump, check out the NRS electric pumps that you can find relatively affordably.
- Repairs. You have to be prepared for anything, including tears and punctures while you’re out rafting. For a super quick fix get Raft Repair’s Patch n’ Go Kit for a low $5.95. For a little heftier repair but still affordable rafting gear, choose NRS Hypalon Repair Kit for $49.95.
- Safety. The best and most affordable rafting gear always includes life jackets for safety while out on the river. Choose the Safegard Life Jacket Type III Belt Adult Models 700 and 747 which retails for a fantastically low $24.55